Tender Beef Kebabs (Shashlik)
- Ingredients for Steak Kabobs:
2 lbs Angus Beef Stew
2 Bell peppers, any color, sliced into 1½“ wide pieces
1 large Purple Onion, sliced into 1½“ wide pieces
15 medium bamboo or wood skewers
- Ingredients for Steak Marinade:
1 cup mild olive oil
½ cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 medium lemons)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, pressed
3 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill
2 dry bay leaves
- Combine all of your marinade ingredients in a large glass or plastic bowl (do not use aluminum) and stir to combine.
- Transfer beef stew into the marinade bowl, stirring well to coat. Marinate beef in the refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight (the longer the better), stirring 3 times while marinating to make sure meat is evenly marinated. Note: Sometimes after long periods of refrigeration, the oil in the marinade can firm up a bit; it will liquify again if you let the marinated meat sit at room temp 30 minutes before skewering.
- Soak bamboo or wooden skewers at last 30 min. After the meat is done marinating, slice veggies and skewer them with meat onto Bamboo skewers. Brush/ pour remaining marinade over skewers.
- Grill over med/high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until you’ve reached the desired doneness, rotating every 2-3 minutes for even grilling. Remove kebobs from grill and let them rest at least 5 minutes before eating. If you cut into them right away, they will juice out and end up dry. Serve with your favorite steak sauce
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED http://www.natashaskitchen.com