High cal Calories 1030kcal
High fat Total Fat 74g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 18g
High chol Cholesterol 344mg
High sodium Sodium 718mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 23g
Serving size 507g Calories from fat 667kcal Fiber 3g Protein 65g Sugar 4g
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Orange Juice (freshly Squeezed If Possible; Save Juiced Orange Halves)
2 whole Lemons, Juiced
2 whole Limes, Juiced
4 whole Garlic, Cloves Peeled And Smashed
2 whole Onions, Peeled And Quartered
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
16 whole Chicken Legs
Flour Tortillas, Warmed
Corn Tortillas, Warmed
Pico De Gallo
Cooked Beans (pinto, Black, Refried)
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, orange juice, lemons, limes, salt, pepper, and garlic cloves, saving juiced fruit. Whisk together. Place chicken legs, juiced pieces of fruit, and quartered onions in large plastic bags or bowl. Pour marinade over the top, tossing to combine. Cover with plastic wrap (if using bowl) and marinate for at least two hours–several hours is better. Toss a few times during the marinating process.
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange oven rack toward bottom of oven.
- Lay chicken legs on a broiler pan, or other baking dish with a drip tray. Broil for 25 minutes, turning once and marinating other side halfway through. Remove pan from oven when done.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in separate oven while chicken is broiling, or after chicken is removed from oven (reduce oven temp to 300.)
- Serve chicken legs with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, beans, guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa verde.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.thepioneerwoman.com