Meyer Lemon & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
From Crescent Foods Premium All Natural Halal Chicken & Beef Products | Main Dishes | American
High cal Calories 568kcal
High fat Total Fat 42g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 11g
High chol Cholesterol 173mg
sodium Sodium 201mg
Low carbs Total Carbohydrate 4g
Serving size 282g Calories from fat 374kcal Fiber 1g Protein 43g Sugar 1g
1 whole Chicken
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Rosemary
zest from two Meyer Lemons
Sea Salt of Kosher Salt
fresh cracked Black Pepper
3 medium Meyer Lemons, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken. For the crispiest skin- see step 2. For quickest preparation- proceed to step 3.
- Sprinkle salt over all surfaces of chicken. Set on a plate, place in fridge and allow to air dry for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Remove from fridge and pat dry water that had come to skin surface.
- Combine olive oil, rosemary, and meyer lemon zest. Truss the chicken if desired (see video in post for trussing instructions). Spread rosemary mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish. Squeeze one meyer lemon worth of quarters over and inside the chicken and place the squeezed pieces plus one more meyer lemon’s worth of wedges in the roasting pan with the chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh or the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F when probed with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 20 minutes. Carve and serve with the third set of meyer lemon quarters to squeeze as desired.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Bestrecipebox.com