- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- About 1 cup hot red pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- House seasoning: recipe below
- 1 (1 to 2 1/2-pound) Crescent Foods Premium Halal chicken, cut into pieces
- Oil, for frying, preferably peanut oil
- 1 cup salt 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the water.
- Add enough hot sauce so the egg mixture is bright orange.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper.
- Season the chicken with the house seasoning.
- Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer then white meat. It should take dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white meat around 8 to 10 minutes.
You may also be interested in...