Crescent Foods practices safety procedures over and above that which is required by the U.S. government.
In order for you to continue safe handling before you serve any poultry to your family, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Make the grocery store your last stop before returning home.
- Select fresh chicken just before checking out.
- At home, refrigerate the chicken immediately and use it within two days. Or freeze it.
- Always wash hands, countertops, cutting boards, knives and other utensils with hot soapy water before they come in contact with other raw or cooked foods.
- Do not use the raw chicken marinade as a sauce poured over cooked chicken.
- To check visually if the chicken is done, pierce chicken with a fork. Juices should run clear – not pink – when fork is inserted with ease.
- Never leave cooked chicken at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If not eaten immediately, cooked chicken should be kept either hot or refrigerated.
- If you’re transporting cooked chicken, put it in an insulated container or ice chest until ready to eat. Keep below 40°F or above 140°F.