This is such a quick and easy all year round dish. The herbs are full and green and ready for picking and using in the kitchen, perfectly paired with grilled chicken. You can use dried herbs for this dish, but the flavor will not be as intense as using fresh herbs.
- 1 lb. Crescent Foods Premium Halal thigh or breast boneless chicken (5 pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 ½ fresh small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. ground fennel
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine chicken with the garlic, herbs, pepper and salt in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Meanwhile heat the grill (indoor or outdoor) to medium-high heat.
- Remove garlic and rosemary from the chicken, as it tends to burn and become bitter when cooked over direct heat. Discard the marinade.
- Place chicken over direct heat on the grill and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads at least 165°.
- Serve with a side of fresh pasta salad, grilled vegetables and any other of your favorite summertime foods.
You may also be interested in...