Before you cook:
- Choose all your fresh meat last when you are grocery shopping. That way it will stay cool until you get home.
- Never leave chicken in a hot car or on your counter top warming up to room temperature. Keep it in in the coldest part of your fridge.
- We recommend you use it within two days. If you don’t, then freeze it.
- Thaw it in the fridge or place it in a plastic bag and submerge in cold water. Change the water often. Before you prepare it, be sure to wash your hands, cutting board, and utensils.
- Be sure to cook all poultry to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F. The juices should run clear, not pink.
After you cook:
- Don’t leave leftovers at room temperature longer than 2 hours. Either keep them hot, or refrigerate them.
- Cooked chicken is best refrigerated no longer than 2 days.
- If you reheat it, cover it to retain moisture.
You may also be interested in...
Category: Health FAQ's