Here are hints for making the most flavorful of soups.
- Always start with cold water.
- A basic broth is made by cooking the chicken with savories such as onion, carrot, and celery; plus herbs such as sage, thyme, bay leaf and parsley. From this point, vary it to your own taste.
- The best soup requires a good coarse salt.
- Freezing can force moisture from the tissue, so if possible, use fresh chicken.
- Dark meat has more flavor than white meat.
- A heavy stock pot distributes heat more evenly.
- Don’t let the soup boil; simmer it gently or the meat will get tough and the broth cloudy.
- Sieve the broth before adding your vegetables, pasta or rice.
- Serve with a big dash of love!
You may also be interested in...
Category: Cooking Tips