Healthy Chicken Kale Soup
cal Calories 301kcal
High fat Total Fat 13g
Low sat-fat Saturated Fat 2g
High chol Cholesterol 80mg
High sodium Sodium 620mg
Low carbs Total Carbohydrate 14g
Serving size 414g Calories from fat 116kcal Fiber 1g Protein 31g Sugar 5g
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (or boneless thigh meat), cut into small bite sized pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch of kale, ribs removed and leaves chopped
1 large carrots, chopped
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 inch knob ginger, peeled & smashed
4 cups chicken stock
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
salt to taste, depending on how salty your stock is
- In medium stock pot, heat the pan on medium heat, then add olive oil. Add onion and cook till translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until brown on the outside. Add carrots, knob of ginger, ground cumin, chili powder and soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock and knob of ginger. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer soup on low for about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale becomes tender.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.bestrecipebox.com