Grilled Sweet and Sour Wings
From zesty appetizers to anytime snacks, Crescent chicken wings can be enjoyed mild or spicy, baked or fried, served with crunchy veggies and an array of dips. Kids and adults both enjoy the wings so much, that we are sure they’ll fly off the plate in no time at all.
3 pounds of Crescent Foods Premium Halal chicken wings
1 medium onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp chili powder
1½ cup vinegar
2/3 cup honey
1 small can of frozen orange juice
2 tbsp butter
- Marinate wings in 1 cup of vinegar for an hour at room temperature.
- Saute onion and garlic in the butter for a few minutes.
- Over medium heat stir in orange juice, honey, and ½ cup of vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate sauce to thicken.
- Remove wings from the marinade, pat dry, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place wings on bbq preheated to medium.
- Grill for approximately 20 minutes, basting with orange sauce.