Easy Pepper Steak
- Marinade Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. corn starch
1/8 tsp. coarsely-ground black pepper
- Pepper Steak Ingredients:
1 lb. Angus Beef Stir Fry
2 Tbsp. olive oil
12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced (or 2 regular-sized bell peppers, thinly sliced)
2 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces, white and green pieces separated
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, minced
- Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl or ziplock bag, and stir to combine. Add the beef, and toss in the marinade. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet peppers and white part of the scallions, ginger, garlic, and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the saute pan. Remove half the beef from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and saute about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer beef to plate with the veggies. Saute the remaining beef, then transfer to plate.
- Add the reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the beef, veggies and green parts of the scallions to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over rice or quinoa.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED http://www.gimmesomeoven.com