From Crescent Foods Premium All Natural Halal Chicken & Beef Products | Main Dishes | American
High cal Calories 604kcal
High fat Total Fat 24g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 7g
High chol Cholesterol 95mg
sodium Sodium 413mg
carbs Total Carbohydrate 55g
Serving size 305g Calories from fat 219kcal Fiber 3g Protein 39g Sugar 6g
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded flat
1 pound thin linguine
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 whole medium onion, chopped
3/4 cups chicken stock
Three 14.5–ounce cans crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more if needed
Basil chiffonade, for serving
- Mix the flour and some salt and pepper together on a large plate. Dredge the flattened chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine until al dente.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted and the oil/butter mixture is hot, fry the chicken breasts until nice and golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add the garlic and onions and gently stir for 2 minutes. Pour in the stock and scrape the bottom of the pan, getting all the flavorful bits off the bottom. Allow the stock to cook down until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the sugar and more salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, add the chopped parsley and give the sauce a final stir.
- Carefully lay the chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in the grated Parmesan. Place the lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer until the cheese is melted and the chicken is thoroughly heated. Add more cheese to taste.
- Place the cooked noodles on a plate and cover with the sauce. Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with more parsley and the basil chiffonade. Serve immediately.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright Food Network