Chicken Enchilada Casserole
High cal Calories 856kcal
High fat Total Fat 24g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 10g
High chol Cholesterol 92mg
High sodium Sodium 1255mg
High carbs Total Carbohydrate 108g
Serving size 447g Calories from fat 214kcal Fiber 24g Protein 57g Sugar 11g
3 cups red enchilada sauce
16 corn tortillas, halved
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
4 cups (about 1.5 pounds) shredded cooked chicken
3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour about 3/4 cup enchilada sauce in the baking dish, and spread until the bottom of the dish is coated. Top with a layer of about 8 tortilla halves so that the entire dish is covered. Sprinkle evenly with about 1 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn and a fourth of the green onions. Then sprinkle with a heaping cup of the chicken, and about 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer of tortillas, then sauce, then beans, corn, green onions, chicken, and cheese. Then a final layer of tortillas, sauce, beans, corn, green onions, chicken and cheese. Then conclude with a final layer of tortillas and sauce (reserving about 3/4 cup of cheese to add partway through baking).
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, then bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan and remove aluminum foil. Sprinkle the top of the enchiladas evenly with the remaining 3/4 cup of cheese, then return to the oven (uncovered) and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove pan, and sprinkle with avocado, cilantro, and remaining green onions. Serve warm.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.gimmesomeoven.com