Chicken Cheesesteaks with Mustard Blend
- For the sandwiches:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, partially frozen
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 medium white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4-6 slices of your favorite cheese
- For the mustard spread:
1/4 cup light mayo
3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
2 tsp teriyaki sauce
1 tsp honey, plus more to taste
4-6 hoagie rolls, split
- To make the mustard spread, whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate in a cover jar for up to 2 weeks.
- If the chicken is completely thawed, place it on a plastic-wrapped plate and put it back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. The chicken needs to be slightly frozen so that it’s easier to slice thinly.
- Use a very sharp knife and thinly slice the chicken. A food processor fitted with the slicer blade works very quick wonders here!
- Season the chicken with a couple dashes of Worcestershire, and salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and onions, toss to coat with oil, and cook covered for 10-15 minutes, until softened, stirring every few minutes. If necessary, add a couple Tbsp of water to prevent sticking.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat and add the chicken, stirring frequently until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Drain fat and reduce heat to medium.
- Add peppers back to the pan, tossing to reheat.
- Spread mustard on split hoagie rolls and spoon mixture on top.
- Top each with a slice of cheese and serve hot. Pop the sandwiches under the broiler, if necessary, to reheat and melt cheese.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED http://www.jasonandshawnda.com